Planejammer: Ad Astra Per Arcana
The Prime Material Plane - Wildspace
Wildspace is considered coterminous with the Material Plane, the crystal shells and the phlogiston. Wildspace is also coexistent with the Ethereal Plane, The Astral Plane, and the Plane of Shadow. Why wildspace touches these planes, while the phlogiston doesn’t is a mystery to planar sages. Wildspace doesn’t have an atmosphere of any kind and is a perfect vacuum.
The typical wildspace of a single sphere has the following planar traits:
- Objective Directional Gravity
- Standard Time
- Finite/Infinite Size: While each wildspace is finite within the boundary of its crystal shell, wildspace as a whole is infinite. Some sages disagree but no one has ever found an end to how many wildspaces exist throughout the interstellar cosmos.
- Alterable Morphic: Note that not every wildspace is the same and some break this tendency (i.e. Krynnspace should be considered Divinely Morphic).
- No Elemental or Energy Traits
- Mildly Neutral Aligned
- Impeded Magic: While, for the most part, magic works normally in wildspace there are some limits. Magical fire doesn’t need air to work properly but if the end result a spellcaster wants requires an atmosphere (i.e. oxygen) then that end result cannot occur. For example, a Fireball spell will work but it hasn’t any chance of lighting an object or person on fire.